Simei Care Centre provides short term residential care for up to 45 females and 75 males who are suffering from psychiatric disabilities and are stabilized under treatment and medication. The centre aims to provide a therapeutic environment for our clients while they learn to manage and cope with the impact of their illness. Respite care is also offered for the families and caregivers.
Simei Care Centre aims to provide a transitional accommodation for persons with psychiatric disabilities in their process of recovery and facilitating their reintegration into society. The centre also aims to help residents acquire independent living skills by improving their personal hygiene, daily living skills, and social and interpersonal relationship skills.
Residential Care Program
Each resident is placed under the care of a counselor or case manager. During the night, we have a Night Duty Officer and Health Attendants looking after the welfare of the residents and to attend to their immediate needs. The counselors or case manager will work closely with each individual resident and their families to achieve rehabilitation goals and recovery. In the day, residents will take part in the various day programs conducted by the centre.
Some other residential services are as follow:
- Supervision of taking medication
- Activities of Daily Living and Independent Skills Training (e.g, personal hygiene and housekeeping training)
- Money Management Skills training.
- Night recreational programs.
Facilities available at Simei Care Centre are as follow:
- Health Attendant Counter: For residents to take medication daily and supervised by our Health Attendants
- Observation Room (next to Health Attendant’s room) : For resident who needs special care from Health Attendant due to unstable mental and physical condition
- Living Room: A place for residents to watch TV, listen to music, chit chat and relax.
- Bedroom: Each resident is assigned to a cubicle furnished with a single bed, wardrobe, a dressing table and curtain (for those who wants privacy).
- Dining area: Place to take meals and snacks
- Pantry area: Place for residents to cook and learn cooking skills
- Washing machine & drying area: Residents are responsible for their own laundry.
The admission criteria for the Residential Care program are as follow:
- Patients diagnosed with psychiatric illness who are stabilized and on psychiatric follow up
- No serious or acute medical conditions; no severe visual handicaps; no severe physical or intellectual disabilities
- Not suffering from any communicable disease
- No current history of substance abuses, such as drugs, alcohol, and glue sniffing
- Not suicidal
- Acceptable social habits and behaviour
- Should not be less than 18 years old or over 60 years of age
- Have some form of family or social support
Upon referral from a psychiatrist, the centre will contact the caregiver of the patient. The caregiver will have to accompany the patient for an interview with a counselor. Thereafter, a short interview will be conducted by our admission doctor and the doctor will decide if a patient is suitable for admission on the same day. Our interviews are usually conducted on Tuesday afternoons at 4.30pm.
|Monthly Per Capital
Household Income Tiers ($)
||Fee After Subsidy
|Fee After Subsidy
|0 - 600
|601 - 900
|901 - 1,300
|1,301 - 1,500
|1,501 - 2,200
|2,201 and Above